February 15, 2009

Yogurt Painting




This morning we let Daddy sleep in so I decided to give yogurt painting a try.  I just put it on tin foil and added some food colouring.  It was a HUGE hit!   Pooks didn't really like getting her hands dirty so we switched to a paint brush and baster.  I showed her how you could use your finger to write in it.  We did lots of letter E's since she loves "EEEEE".   I think she stuck with it for about 20 minutes and then she was done.  We will definitely do it again. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I have never thought of doing this. We will have to give it a try sometime. Thanks for the great idea!

Shannon said...

At the Early Years Centre they even encourage parents to do it with very young babies to develop their sensory skills. I just never go around to doing it until now. I know L will LOVE it!! You could use anything with that consistency. I just like yogurt since it is healthy.

Motherhood for the Weak said...

OOO that looks like FUN! I will have to remember to try that!

M